Skip To Main Content


Lisa Moreland
Finance Officer

Welcome to the Finance Department.  In this department, you will find travel forms and all financial forms, budgets and reports.  You will soon see new changes with our financial documents.  There will be a link to Google docs.  With one click you will see all monthly reports that the Mason County Board of Education has reviewed.

The proper procedures for conference requests, travel reimbursements and trip requests are as outlined below.  The correct forms to be used are attached to this email.  Please save the forms so that you have them at your disposal should you need to travel anywhere throughout the year.


Conference Application:

  • To be completed BEFORE you travel to an event
  • Must be completed ten days in advance of travel date
  • If out-of- state travel is being requested, the form must be completed one month in advance of travel (Must be approved by the Board)
  • All information must be completed, most importantly the funding source
  • Must be signed by the building principal before being sent to the Central Office
  • Once signed and approved by the Superintendent, the form will be returned to you at your building
  • Keep the application for your records
  • If you need to turn in travel costs, a copy of the approved Conference Application must be attached to the travel or it will not be paid.


Travel Reimbursement Form:

  • To be completed AFTER you have attended an event
  • No meal reimbursement for day travel
  • If overnight travel is required, meals will be paid per diem.  Please do not turn in any receipts.
  • Meals that are included in your conference registration fee will not be reimbursed to you
  • All travel must be turned in by the 5th of the month, in order to receive reimbursement.  


Trip Request:

  • This form is to be filled out when you are traveling with students
  • Must be turned in 1 month in advance of travel
  • Please make sure that the information is filled in as accurately as possible, including:  if you need buses; if the trip is overnight; and the cost and funding source
  • Forms need to be signed by building principal then sent to the Central Office for Superintendent approval
  • Once approved, trip requests are forwarded to Larry Brewer and/or Allison Sparks who will forward a copy to your school


Following these steps and making sure you have the correct form should make requesting travel very easy and efficient.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Elaine Collins or Kathleen Decker.  Thank you!