7th Grade Reading/Language Arts
View Events/Assignments for
Welcome to 7th Grade Reading/Language Arts! We are going to be having a lot of fun this year! We will learn to become better readers and writers through a number of different strategies, but mainly by practicing. I look forward to an exciting school year!
1. Every student is required to read 30 minutes per night for homework.
2. Independent Reading (IR) will be a part of our class everyday. Students need to carry their IR book with them at all times.
3. Literature Circle days will be on the first and last days of the week.
Writing/Language Arts Assignments:
1. Each student will have various writing assignments throughout the school year and these assignments will be kept in their Writing Journal composition book.
2. Double Journal Entries (DJE) will be completed after each Literature Circle session.
3. Students will learn the basics of writing—sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and spelling during the school year.